The Next Frontiers for EMM: Identity, Windows Apps & the Digital Workspace
Enterprise mobility management (EMM) has traditionally been about securing, deploying and managing devices, apps and content to enable mobile employee productivity. However, the industry is quickly shifting based on emerging industry trends, including:
- The increasing number of business apps;
- User-centric contextual workflows powered by big data and analytics;
- The shift to cloud or hybrid deployments;
- Aggregation of the right data from multiple business systems; and
- The blurred lines for how to manage the growing heterogeneous device ecosystem.
These market influences have resulted in the addition of identity and Windows apps as the next EMM frontiers to help enterprises deliver the new digital workspace to drive enterprise productivity. In my opinion, these new frontiers will result in a broader space—let’s call it enterprise workspace management, which will encompass the traditional EMM.
Read the entire article from VMware AirWatch here: The Next Frontiers for EMM: Identity, Windows Apps & the Digital Workspace